Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stuck in the Middle With You


            My name is Madison. As you may have guessed from the title of this blog, I am stuck in the middle. I can be found in the middle of nearly every situation. I am in the middle of my college career, almost finished with my major classes and starting my minor courses. I am always placed in the middle of my large Italian family, settling disputes and bringing people together in the middle of issues. I am smack dab in the middle of political issues and am often used as the “monkey in the middle” when discussions break out.
            I discovered last night how much of a “moderate” I truly am when it comes to politics. Me and two of my roommates were sitting around talking about who we were going to vote for. Obviously, since I am moderate and in the middle, I am extremely undecided about this current election. On one hand, I believe in the economic aspects of the Romney campaign. I am much more aligned with the values that Mitt seeks to bring to this country as far as politics go. As for my social values, I am much more aligned with the values of Obama. I believe that gay people should have the right to marry and I believe that women should have the right to choose.
            Whatever the issue is, you can often find me in the middle of it. Whether or not it is the decision to paint my nails pink or red -I choose coral, a shade right in the middle- or who to vote for for President of the United States, I can be found weighing my options and ultimately making an informed decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment